- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants in an establishment, restaurant chains, hospitals or other establishments with food services
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and may estimate food and labor costs
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Recruit and hire staff
- May prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions.
- Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- Prepare and cook complete meals or specialty foods, such as pastries, sauces, soups, salads, vegetables and meat, poultry and fish dishes, and create decorative food displays for special events such as banquets
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Create new recipes
- May plan menus and requisition food and kitchen supplies
- May prepare and cook meals or specialty foods.
- May requisition food and kitchen supplies.
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- Minimum educational qualification - must have passed high school
- Need to have at least 3 years experience as a Head Chef or Sous Chef
- Need to be able to attain required levels of IELTS score
- Must have clear Police Reports in every country lived in for more than 6 months
- Should not have overstayed in any country beyond the visa validity